If I wanted a single shot, I would have bought one.

So curious why did you choose the base line 770 over the 700? Had a similar problem with a Marlin (remington) i bought this summer, 700 dollar gun and it wouldnt feed out of the magazine come to find out the forearm was cracked and took 2 months to get it replaced. The problem with introductory guns is they are just that, put out as fast as possible.

Wow ! Im sorry I even watched that because for the most part I really like Remington.

I checked out the 770 a while back and it didn't seem to be put together as well as the 700.

They have to make good on this. Let them know hunting season is nearing and if you can't hunt because of their bad product, you'll pissed. Maybe they will speed things up for you. Good luck

Well, I have to admit - Remington did come through and did the right thing. They offered a full refund on the weapon, and even picked up the shipping charges. Took a bit of doing, but once I got to a manager and he looked at the video, he made the offer to replace or allow the return. I elected to get the refund, and will be leaving shortly to pick up another new 700 model. No more messing around with the 770's.

Edited by devildog9999
  • Like 1

Ohhhh Mama... I picked up the 700 SPS, a Nikon scope in the usual 3-9X40 BDC, rings, and mounts. I am scared to death to tell the wife what I spent. Out the door, I am just a bit under a grand. :-) The differences in quality are enormous. Why Remington ever put their name on the 770 - no one knows. This 700 SPS is a thing of beauty. This 700 IS Remington. The Hogue grips, the stock, the bolt - just everything is great.

Shooting commences tomorrow morning at the range. Cannot wait to get it zeroed in!

post-2550-0-35854300-1350707375_thumb.jp

post-2550-0-15105100-1350707382_thumb.jp

Yeah quality is way better on the 700. I think Remington wanted to come out with a lower priced gun to compete with Savage,Mossberg and Marlin. They all offer scoped combo packages for under $400. But they dropped the ball with the 770. The ones I checked out had a real gritty stiff actions and they just seemed cheap. My old 700 is smooth as silk.

Have fun at the range. I bet it shoots great