Land on Rensselaer county for sale

• 3 weeks later...

In all my years in the real estate business, owners can ask anything they want but it doesn't mean thats what its worth nor they are going to get it. The listed price could be 1 Million or 1 Dollar, its the buyers who determine the market. All property is worth what someone is willing to pay you for it !!! If you dont realize that, then you not looking to move it. Just consider the economy when selling real estate also who are my potential pool of buyers. Are the pool of buyers all in the market for property and second would they be able to afford it because banks do not lend on land used for sportsman activities. Makes you look at it in differant way after you narrow it down. It isnt like a house or a condo, where the pool is much bigger and if the person qualifies can get in with as little as 3% down.

Don't really care, I know what I have in it and if I sell it fine, if I don't that's fine too, looking around area and the price is very fair, just because someone is looking for hunting property doesn't mean a thing to me, hunting property , land for building, the value is the area, land is getting hard to find, and in Rensselaer county it is not cheap

Don't really care, I know what I have in it and if I sell it fine, if I don't that's fine too, looking around area and the price is very fair, just because someone is looking for hunting property doesn't mean a thing to me, hunting property , land for building, the value is the area, land is getting hard to find, and in Rensselaer county it is not cheap

Chickens sit on eggs in hopes they hatch. But, one will come out a rotten egg. If its such a hot deal asking 40k and not selling but will take 28k ... lol 30% negotiable...bring it down to 30k that way your not chasing 28k buyers away...40k will not bring 28k buyers in .... I have done this for 20 years trust me you are doing everything not to sell.... If your agent doesnt tell you this a get a new one!!!!

I agree with Weddblc. If you don't care if you sell it and you only want $28K for it, what's the point of even putting it for sale? You know you won't get $28K for it and if its not about needing the $, then keep it.

My opinion, just keep it! What are you going to do with $20K anyway, buy a used car?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

not knowing how much road frontage, how it's zoned, what's around it, etc. assuming it's not developed or already has a septic and well setup $2k per acre isn't that much of a low ball offer. $3K+ an acre for what your asking for starts to get on the high end for simply recreational property which is what a lot of people on here would be looking for. if there was more land i'd value it higher per acre but right now it's not for me. besides taxes are pretty high there and heading south.