Venison Donations

Paulie

Sorry if this has been discussed...been a while since I had power and have been on the site. Does anyone know of any special donation programs going on with regards to venison for the folks in lower NY?

Going hunting for the first time in a few weeks and I am looking to fill every tag I have so that I can donate the meat to people that need it right now....looking for some help as to how to get it there! (besides just giving it to the folks I know that could use it...as i am sure there are many more people that are worse off!)

After seeing what happended on the news....it's the least I can do. I sent some clothes (heavy coats and blankets down) but these people need so much more. It's aweful! Just feel that if I can help in anyway then i should. I don;t need the venison (i usually shoot 1 deer a year)..now I am on a mission to fill every tag I can to help them...

Yeah.. I always do it myself....but time is short these days! I was hoping to find someone or a program that would give the meat to NYer's instead of someone else.......not sure how they normally work? If I have to, i will drive it down to the areas that need it in freezers..........these people need help more then ever!

i think the butcher processes the deer and gets paid some way or another though the state and the deer is distributed to soup kitchens and so on. thas cool that you would drive it where it needs to go to get it butchered. hope you get one down, its for a good cause! :)

You got that right..."it's for a good cause"! we need to stick together...if the state was smart they would give $$ to hunters that donate just like they are for people cleaning up (although maybe that is FEMA)....I would think food is more important! either way, it doesn't matter to me.....i am going to try an give what i can.

Dutchess, so not too far. Let's just hope I can get one on the ground...! I think aliens came and took all the deer for studay! ha my buddy and I have only seen about 5 deer between us thus far. (real strange for the property)...I drive past the property at least twice a day and used to see deer off the road, that has stopped too!