Redemption? or not?

MMMVenison

So today had a descent 6 pt come 10 yds from my stand around noon. Missed him over the top... then about 4pm he came back but on the other side of my stand and going the opposite direction.. He stared at me as I released the arrow... Hit him good.. heard a nice thump...no blood at all. The arrow was stuck in him as he ran off into some thick crap. I waited an hour or so and tried to track him.. Had an idea of where he went in, but no luck with any signs of blood or the arrow. What are the odd's I hit him square in the shoulder?? He would be my first bow kill if I get the chance to recover him in the am. He ran off pretty good and then as he was about to turn in to the thick stuff he sorta wobbled like he was gonna drop or had to many beers... Idk what I should be thinking...hope I missed that shoulder and he should be waiting for me in the am..or the coyotes will have a good dinner tonight.

Yeah it is... he's a fiesty lil guy. chased maybe 8 different doe last night. watched him for about 20 mins about 500 yds away and for some odd reason he walked right to me...ran out of doe to chase...must have been going back to where he came from. He must have his short term memory missing bc he forgot I shot at him 4 hours earlier... haha. There are some big boys on our property but haven't seen them during the day in a couple of weeks. I'll take it. Now it's time for reg season!