2 Deer 1 Shot, now what?

BizCT

Anybody ever shoot 2 deer with 1 shot by accident? If so, what do you do?

No, this did not happen to me. I am just curious if it ever happened to anybody. Or if somebody ever killed 2 separate deer thinking it was the same one. I don't shoot does, but I could see somebody shooting a doe that runs away and dies and then a different doe running in front of the hunter, who shoots that doe thinking it is the same one he just shot at. Intsead, he actually killed 2 does by accident.

Just curious of the laws/regulations on this type of incident? Can't see it happening with 2 bucks unless they were both very similar in points or standing right behind one another.

I assume you call the DEC and they would come confiscate the 2nd animal shot or maybe even both? and write you a ticket for your violation?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

be sure of your target and beyond... i did it with turkeys once my first season its kinda a hunters "law" to make sure you have a clean shot

with deer accidents happen take them home and cut them up i dont know anyone who would leave one in the woods that they killed

Edited by hunterjohn

turning yourself in is a roll of the dice to see what the outcome will be.....I know someone who had a somewhat similar incident and got caught...they took the deer, fined him and he lost all DEC licensing privileges for 3 years...he was a fisherman by trade and had to hire a lawyer to get his fishing license back.