doe taken in wrong area

Hunterny28

walking out of the stateland the other day and over hearing confusion with a dec officer and a guy who had a doe as to which area it was. got me thinking about what do they do if it is the wrong area. do they take the deer and fine? have any of you seen this? I would not do this, but have wondered about it.

I know a couple of officers,I'm NOT speaking for them but this is the feeling I get . If they feel its an honest mistake,like your just the other side of the area and they believe your story you may get to keep the deer and get a minor ticket/fine.

I know an old guy who was mentoring a kid.he shot a doe but did not fill out the tag, the old guy never did till he got to the road,that is ILLEGAL it must be filled out at time of kill . The dec was at the road.... they got to keep the deer because the dec cop believed the old guy was not trying to pull a fast one, but he did get a ticket .

Now if your doe tag is for 3 counties away....

I've lost tags from bucks,used my either sex tag by mistake on a doe ( i save em for bucks only) everytime the dec cops helped me out, you just gotta be honest and be willing to take your lumps . Now I've always called them as soon as I figured out what happened.

Now in some parts of the state it seems they are not to undertstanding though.

Bottom line its up to you to know the law and follow it.

Edited by Larry302