a few beginner questions please help

bigbuck14

There is no muzzleloader class. Hunter Education class is to hunt with any gun. Muzzleloader is a separate fee in addition to the hunting license you choose to purchase.

I'm not sure if it happened but I believe they have or are going to make a muzzle loader class just like 2 day archery that you will need to get the tag. Someone was asking me about it but I'm grandfathered because of having previous hunting licenses in so I don't really no much about that stuff

I'm not sure if it happened but I believe they have or are going to make a muzzle loader class just like 2 day archery that you will need to get the tag. Someone was asking me about it but I'm grandfathered because of having previous hunting licenses in so I don't really no much about that stuff

There is no justification for such a class. There have been no notices of such from the DEC.

• Like 1

There is no justification for such a class. There have been no notices of such from the DEC.

I asked the guy I heard that from his response was that when he took the hunter safety course last year at TNT in L.I. they issued the licenses after the class but if you choose to stay for an extra 4 hours they would issue you a muzzle loader tag as well and if he wanted it the following year he would have to retake the class. Just parroting what he said

there is no muzzleloader class and there is no talk of having one at this time. Muzzleloader is taught in the hunter ed class, and will stay there. If anyone tells you you need a ml class, they are lying, or trying to pilfer some money to teach a bogus class. When I started teaching hunter ed 25 years ago, they talked about it then and it fizzled out.

there is no muzzleloader class and there is no talk of having one at this time. Muzzleloader is taught in the hunter ed class, and will stay there. If anyone tells you you need a ml class, they are lying, or trying to pilfer some money to teach a bogus class. When I started teaching hunter ed 25 years ago, they talked about it then and it fizzled out.

I guess they were trying to bilk him for more money, like I said in the first post really have no idea and it doesn't apply to me but putting out there for someone like you that actually is current on this stuff to answer.

I asked the guy I heard that from his response was that when he took the hunter safety course last year at TNT in L.I. they issued the licenses after the class but if you choose to stay for an extra 4 hours they would issue you a muzzle loader tag as well and if he wanted it the following year he would have to retake the class. Just parroting what he said

The NYSDEC does not allow a fee to take hunter education classes. If this is true about TNT in L.I., your buddy should contact the DEC as it would be unethical and likely illegal.

teaching class not offered by the dec such as a supplemental muzzleloader class in not illegal. I have been asked a few times to teach one for profit. I turned it down. The bad part is them saying it is mandatory and have to do so every year.