number of shots

whitetail1

I never said I have not missed a deer.  I said I have not missed with a ml.  I also did not say that my way was the only way. And as soon as I fire off the ml, I am reloading., the same as one puts another shell in the chamber of a modern gun.  I just dont get the hate. Call me names all you like the old sticks and stones thing.  You are the one by admission in your posts took a gun with minimum experience with a site system with minimum at best experience and said you shot 4 times at a deer.  Then when questioned you went into attack mode. That tells me you know what you did was not the best situation and you attack due to knowing so rather than say yup what I did was not the smartest thing I could have done hoping I will give up on you.  See I still have faith in you that you can recover from this and do better. The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. I will wait for your next round of name calling and defending what was in all honesty a foolish unethical situation at best. I am willling to bet there are a lot more hunters than I that feel the same way.

The reason I'm posting is to show you I'm not an stupid.  After everything that happened this is what you write as if I dont understand it, 

I like the peole who fire three or four times at a deer to get it.  I say the are true sportsmen and fire a couple warning shots, or they practice shoot and release. 

You are the one by admission in your posts took a gun with minimum experience with a site system with minimum at best experience and said you shot 4 times at a deer.  Then when questioned you went into attack mode

Blow all your Psycology crap another way, trying to tell me how it all went down.

I'm not going to cut and paste anymore to show you, cause you should be able to go back and read it yourself..  On one of your post you question me and answer it with the response you want to hear in one sentence.

If you dont intentionally do this then change your name to FOREST GUMP.!!

Otherwise take what you said and shove it.

I can honestly say I have never missed a deer with a ML. Oh wait I have never shot at a deer with a ML. lol I must say that I have killed alot of paper over the years. I'm only going to shoot a buck or bear bigger than what I've shot during gun season. That's just me and have no problem with anyone shooting any legal deer.

• 2 weeks later...

My first buck with a ML walked throught he hard woods and gave me a broadside and 125. I shot at him from the stand and he bolted. I reloaded (speed loaders)  saw him standing at the edge of the meadow and shot again. He whirled and trotted back the way he came and the third shot put him down. I hit him all 3 times...first two shots were low and took out the breast bone and just under the lungs. third was in the boiler room. I didn't like the small in and out hole of the powerbelts and switched after that experience. This happened opening day of shotgun in SZ....buddies I hunted with didn't believe me when I radioed them to come with the 4 wheeler to get he deer. THey didn't think I could reload that fast...thought it wasn't me that shot. I probably wouldn't have been able to get him without a long track if I hadn't practiced all summer with it and knew the gun and my gear inside and out. On the range I practiced fast reloads and it worked.