New Droid / Android phones coming out for Verizon....

burmjohn

I am going to be switching to Verizon once our contract is up with AT&T.  I have the iphone now, I do like it, however I am pretty tired of the crappy AT&T service, especially upstate.  The new property does not get AT&T at all, but it seems like Verizon has at least a bar or two.  Anyways, there are two new Moto phones with Android coming out.  The Droid 2 and the Droid X.  I have not seen to much on the Droid 2 but the Droid X was leaked out here: http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/exclusive-motorola-droid-x-preview/

Anyone have a Android based phone? If so do you like it?

i dont have a andriod based phone but a friend of mine just got the droid incredible for verizon..

its insane.. i have the LG Dare and i love it.

my verizon cellphone works in allot of area's upstate , the rest of the fam has atnt and tmobile and they cant find service anywhere..

the droid platform is pretty sick..

i know i know , its not a iphone , and is can be called the "I phone bite off " but the apps are increrasing with the platform and it is really cool to use..

i personally was really hoping verizon would release the iphone but i guess the cloeses we will come to seeing that now will be next june with the end of the contract..

they dont as of yet make a iphone for cdma technology .. which is what verizon works off..

a friend tells me that you can hack the iphone to work with verizon if you currently have a verizon blackberry and use the sim card and some other program called jailbreak but the phone cant  be insured and you void the waranty so if you lose it , your basically beat.. .

the nex iphone is very cool though..  i perosnally dont trust myself with all that access to all those apps..

my phone bill would be outrageous..

primos makes a app for iphone ..

it makes different animal sounds , grunts and bleets .. deer, turkey, and a few others , i cant remember..

i am due for an upgrade so i think next month , i am going to spring for the new droid  incredible..

the version sprint has is called the EVO i think , not really sure of the name , but i also saw that one..

its like a minature plasma television in your pocket.. roughly 6 inch screen ... and it stands alons on a built in stand so you can stream video on theyre 4g network.. its awesome too..

ill let ya know in a few weeks if iget the droid.

We have Blackberrys at work now and are looking at switching to the Droids once the new ones are out. One person in our company has the Incredible, and she loves it. Its just rock solid with no issues. As far as service is concerned, youll love Verizon, they are 100x better than AT&T.