Hunting in Corning area

Anailor

Anyone hunting. In the Corning area? I just moved back here for good and I'm looking to get hooked in with some people that share a common interest. I upland bird hunt, don't have a dog yet, been spoiled by my friends that have them. I would like to do some coyote hunting if anyone is interested. Let me know!

Yeah, Joe...I retired from Corning Inc. formerly Corning Glass Works....As did at least one other member who posts on the forum..

To answer the OPs question, there is excellent deer and turkey hunting in the area,including public land that gets surprisingly little pressure after the first few days of season.

As for upland birds, there are pockets of good grouse hunting`, but you have to seek them out...Much of the land that was excellent grouse hunting 40 years ago is now mature second growth forest..You need to look for the thick stuff. Pheasant hunting is pretty much a thing of the past, except for a few released birds in a few limited areas..

Squirrel hunting is superb..Rabbit hunting is good if you seek out the real dense cover areas...Bunnies love multiflora rose, although it is a challenge to hunt them there.

Plenty of predators, both foxes and coyotes...

Yeah there are tons of rabbits here. My aunt knows aguybthatbhas beagles and I am going to try and get hooked up with him to get some rabbits. I have never shot one but wouldn't mind trying.

I also plan to do some shed hunting on the land I lease. It's a beautiful piece of property.