prices needed...

Me to...and they have good prices...hhmmm we may have seen each other in there one time or another...lol...but I was wondering about a "succotash" mix...this is my rush to find good prices and research time....I have family members in Texas right now ...due to shipping some times prices are better down there for same seeds I would plant up here....You know the dreaded shipping costs......trying to see what type of legumes I can find down there...not proving easy...every thing is a 2 hour drive from where they are...but did find 50# mix of above for 35.00 Really want to pick up purple tops...they run 1.20 -2.00 a pound down there...

Me to...and they have good prices...hhmmm we may have seen each other in there one time or another...lol...but I was wondering about a "succotash" mix...this is my rush to find good prices and research time....I have family members in Texas right now ...due to shipping some times prices are better down there for same seeds I would plant up here....You know the dreaded shipping costs......trying to see what type of legumes I can find down there...not proving easy...every thing is a 2 hour drive from where they are...but did find 50# mix of above for 35.00 Really want to pick up purple tops...they run 1.20 -2.00 a pound down there...

Mmmmm ... Turnips!

This is a 1/2 acre of Michigan's Ultimate Blend

http://www.deerattra...om/ultimate.htm

After the 1st hard frost ( Think Bow Hunting ) the deer eat all the tops off. Later during gun season they come back for the turnips. It's almost like cheating.

Bob

post-2156-0-75531900-1360088996_thumb.jp

Nice plot ..they do the same to my turnips here....I planted forage radish last year and really liked that as well...after they mowed the turnip tops they hit the radish at the end of that plot...and are still hitting both now...I over seed turnips with more turnips a week or so after initial planting...the deer eat the tops and pull bulbs and the second planting gets enough light to grow...what I end up with are a lot of small firm bulbs late winter for them to dig up..

When I don't do that I plant winter grains then top seed that with turnips....the forage radish was such a planting...they wont hit the greens as hard doing this but won't totally wipe out the grains either

By the way folks...anyone looking to get Eagle Brand Soybeans from North Country Whitetail ...Neil called and told me due to low sales they have decided not to sell them in 2013...just a heads up

Well I've been hitting the net looking comparing and strategizing(sp) on best places...lowest cost and shipping deals....I'm seeing a lot of out of stock signs already for 2013 on not only seed, but trees....letting you know...had this problem last year...My NYS sources haven't even got price list yet nor doing orders at this time...just like last year then... oooppps couldn't get stock in...so thought I'd let ya know