2010-2011 Bushnell Trophy cam firmware upgrades

Did not know this even existed. If you have one of those year's models, a software/firmware upgrade is available. Seems easy to install!

http://www.bushnell.com/global/customer-service/trophycam-software

BTW - Also found out, contrary to Bushnell's suggestion of only using alkaline or Lithium batteries, recharageable batteries will work. Apparently Bushnell gets a kick-back for promoting Energizer batteries.

Edited by nyslowhand

i had to do it on one of mine but did not clear my run aways... i had to return it and get a new one which they ended up sending me the same model Number. didnt have many issues until my cam decided to have the sensor light stay on with the red LED so i then did a plug in update and it fixed itself. 

bushnell makes great cams

Even better I have this cam and if you buy it from LL Bean with their credit card they guarantee it forever It may not be the cheapest price but the warranty is great and They will pay shipping if bought on the card got the tip here on the forum thanks I bought 2 they're working great.

• Like 1

Not to get too far off topic, but the 2010 BTC model year had huge issues. Designated by model #s ending in a 5, ie; 119435, 119445, etc. These problems were fixed in 2011 and the model #s ended in a 6, ie; 119436, 119446, etc. 2012 model #s were 119437, 119447, etc. 2013 models are now somewhat different, ie; 119537, 119547, etc. Most of what you see on Amazon are 2011 models. They do have the 2013 models, but are ~$45 more than you can get them for on eBay from an authorized reseller. So, I guess I'm saying - know what you're buying & shop around first.

Not to get too far off topic, but the 2010 BTC model year had huge issues. Designated by model #s ending in a 5, ie; 119435, 119445, etc. These problems were fixed in 2011 and the model #s ended in a 6, ie; 119436, 119446, etc. 2012 model #s were 119437, 119447, etc. 2013 models are now somewhat different, ie; 119537, 119547, etc. Most of what you see on Amazon are 2011 models. They do have the 2013 models, but are ~$45 more than you can get them for on eBay from an authorized reseller. So, I guess I'm saying - know what you're buying & shop around first.

not all places online sell the latest M/Ns

places like cabelas, sportsmans guide and so on have many older models floating around the warehouse and being sent out. places like trail cam pro will send you only the latest issue free models.

amazon has a great return policy and shows what model you will be getting and they are 50$ cheaper then most... but even with the older models its hit or miss they are not all bad. i returned my bad one and got the same model and havnt had issues with it.

thanks for this post. I have an army of Bushnells and have had my share of issues and didn't know they could possibly be fixed  with an update. I also have had great customer service from Bushnell through the years as far as replacing malfunctioning units.

not all places online sell the latest M/Ns

amazon has a great return policy and shows what model you will be getting and they are 50$ cheaper then most... but even with the older models its hit or miss they are not all bad. i returned my bad one and got the same model and havnt had issues with it.

You have to look around and know what you're looking for. Amazon is NOT the cheapest! Trust me, I've been waiting for the right situation for 6 months to add another (or 2?) BTC. Correct, the 2013 models are just starting to show-up on the web over the past 10 days or so. Hopefully this will drive down the price of prior year's models.

I mentioned the 2010 BTC model having issues, not 100% failures. It was more problematic than their prior year's models. One popular trail cam review site quit reviewing that cam due to issues and Bushnell's unwillingness to admit the product was prone to failures. Apparently that was Bushnell's wake-up call, they seem to have gotten back on track with the 2011 and through the current models.

I never said amazon was the cheapest I said they were cheaper then most. Yes you can find cheaper I'm sure... I'm lending my advise and my experience for the OP, I'm no expert spokemen for bushnell... I've owned their cams for a long time and I'm aware of their issues and I still enjoy using their product and would rather over any other cam aside from reconyx.