Crossbow Broadheads

HUNT6246

I recently purchased an Excalibur Ibex for use on an out of state hunt (for antelope) in September.  Excalibur recommends use of 150 gr. fixed blade broadheads or their expandables.  I purchased their fixed blade heads and they look a lot like 'Muzzys', but after buying them I find that they probably aren't easily re-sharpened, and so far I haven't been able to find replacement blades.  They may be going back to the store.  Does anyone have suggestions for other 150 gr. fixed blade heads - preferably cut on inpact? 

Or, their expandables look interesting in that they don't need any rubber bands etc. to keep them closed.  But, I'm a real bug on being able to get replacement blades and to be able to sharpen them if necessary so that they are 'scarey sharp'.  I have to research this whole topic a bit more but am looking for any suggestions for mechanical heads based on actual experience.  Thank you!

You can use lighter broadheads if you just add the brass inserts to the front of the arrow. The goal is to increase the FOC of the arrow to increase accuracy with the higher speed bows. If you use a 125 grain broadhead (more common), just add a 25 grain insert and youll be fine.

Id suggest the 125 grain G5 Montecs. You can resharpen them easily and they do a number on animals.

I have pre-made, carbon arrows.  Is there a way I can get the present inserts out?  If the arrows were aluminum, heat would work but I don't know a way with carbon.  I'd really need a 25 gr. insert if I was going to use a 125 gr. broadhead (to total 150grs).  So far I haven't found and 25gr. inserts and suggestions?

Im not sure about getting the current inserts out, but what you would need to do is get them out, weigh them, then add that weight plus 25 grains and that would give you the correct weight for the new inserts. You could also shoot a 100 grain broadhead and add 50 grains to your insert weight.

Its all be a moot point if you cant get the original inserts out. Food for thought if you ever buy new arrows though.