freshwater fishing

long island hunter 5

I don't fish the island, but I have been in Westchester. The bass are in their post-spawn and is a hit and miss with worms and other soft plastics. You'll get some on those, a couple on some spinners and spinnerbaits as well. I did real good on small profile cranks, namely the Rapala in yellow perch color.

The pickerel are also on the feed in the flats.

Good luck.

The ponds by me are too overgrown right now, so I am only in salt.

If you live in Nassau County, possibly, the North Twin in Wantagh might be ok as far as weeds because the south end has some depth compared to the other lakes that I fish

You might want to read the reports in The Fisherman especially  for the Peconic.

I used to do well in Hards Lake with the fly rod, for big bluegills and nice Largemouth(trout in cooler spring weather).

If it's not too overgrown and you want to try it, check out the stumps in the southeast part of the lake.. I do suspect , however, that it is also overgrown now, but it might be worth a look if you are out that way..I think it's a $2 fee, but not sure if it went up.. They rent rowboats too.. I haven't been there in a while, so it's not a recommendation, just a thought.

Not many freshwater guys that I know share info on spots because there are so few spots