Think You Wont Be Required To Turn In Your Guns?

While it may be convenient for you people to believe that I think the system is flawless, I must point out that your line of discussion is simply a red herring. I have no illusions that we do not have some very evil people within the ranks of our government. I have made all that very clear and you know it. You also know that the crux of this discussion is "What do you intend to do about it and what miracles of government do you have to offer". But the fact is that none of you has anything to offer in terms of what you would change our government into. I have repeatedly asked, and all I get are ravings about the failure of our government. The truth is that you only have ideas on tearing things down with no end-game of what you would replace it with or even who would do the replacing. That is because you don't have a clue or a care about what kind of mess you would make. Would it do any good to ask one more time? ..... No, it is clear that none of you have bothered to think that far ahead.

Sure we have. You just don't understand the answer.

Essential Liberty

Former Heritage president Ed Feulner:

"[W]hat has allowed our Constitution to endure for centuries while its counterparts elsewhere are continually replaced? One key is that our Constitution is simple. It's small enough to fit in a pocket. It's written in clear language anyone can understand. It's also limited in that it doesn't attempt to do too much. ... t recognizes that human beings are not angels. Members of each branch will inevitably try to expand their power and influence, and members of the other two branches should then press back, leading to an ever-shifting balance of power that prevents any one branch from becoming too influential.

Unfortunately, lawmakers have become increasingly comfortable handing over their powers to unelected bureaucrats. Laws such as Dodd-Frank and Obamacare are intentionally vague, leaving presidential appointees or career 'civil servants' to fill in the blanks. ... A solution would be for lawmakers to reassert their constitutional authority to make law. ... Meanwhile, members of each branch should interpret the Constitution by attempting to discern the original meaning of the text as it was written and publicly understood at the time of ratification, a method commonly referred to as originalism."