What action cam to get?

MACHINIST

I am borrowing a GoPro from a friend for my bear hunt and although a 20 yard shot seems more like its a 50-60 yard shot when played back,I want to get one of my own.I have heard that GoPro is anti hunting(just a rumor I have heard) and I am pretty sure I don't want a fish eye lens for what I get.I tried to get a Cell mount but it wont work with my slider sight so that's also out.From what I have seen one youtube and reviews is the wildgame innovations looks like a good one to get but I was almost thinking I would be better off with a small "handycam" type of camera and fab up my own mount for it so I could zoom out and in for the situation.What do you all think

I have the Contour ROAM.  I don't know anything about GoPro's hunting stance but Contour makes picattanny mounts and bow mounts for their camera so I would guess they're hunter/gun friendly.  I also went with the Contour because it's sleeker than the GoPro's boxing exterior.  Contour's picture quality isn't as good as the GoPro's but I think it's good enough.  It's mic isn't that great.  It too also makes a 20 yard shot look like a 50-60 yard shot.  Unfortunately for me, I don't own too any rifles that has picattanny rail that isn't already being used by the scope so I don't use it as much.

I use the GoPro Hero 3 and I'm happy with it.  it does have a bit of a fisheye lens but you can correct that using Cinepro the software that is available free on the Gopro website.  I also use a Looxcie wearable Bluetooth camera that I can control with my Galaxy S4. Lastly I have a small Toshiba handheld HD video recorder for the zoom in shots. I have the Gopro facing me in my blind/stand, the Looxcie on a clip attached to my gun rail and the Toshiba on another clip on my gun rail or a monopod in the ground blind. 

Now if I can only remember to hit record before I pull the trigger or release an arrow . . . .hmmm. 

Edited by Deerthug

I have a rhino lid cam that works great when I practice with it. During an actual hunt, I am always afraid to reach up to my hat to turn it on since I hunt from the ground.  I'll sell it you for a great deal if you want? It's like brand new and works great.