Caldwell Lead Sled Solo Limited Edition Recoil Reducing Rest

I picked up the Caldwell Lead Sled Solo Limited Edition Recoil Reducing Rest  http://www.basspro.com/Caldwell-The-Lead-Sled-Solo-Limited-Edition-RecoilReducing-Shooting-Rest/product/1306131710/  a couple of weeks ago at Bass Pro. It's listed for $60 now, but when I got it, it was $30. I wanted a rest that was steady and would tame the recoil of a .300 Win Mag. I understood this "low end" Caldwell lead sled wasn't necessarily rated for magnum rifles, but by the sounds of all the user reviews, many have used this rest for even larger caliber rifles and said they felt "little to no recoil". 

I figured I'd give it a try. I shot the .300 Win Mag ~15x, using the Caldwell Lead Sled Solo. Instead of using/lugging around a 25lb bag of lead or other weight, I used a ratchet strap to secure it to the table/bench. I didn't feel ANY recoil shooting it at all!! If I didn't hear the gun fire, I might not have known! It is an absolutely rock solid fully adjustable rest too!

The Caldwell Lead Sled Solo is probably the most inexpensive/low end rest that Caldwell offers, but I was extremely happy with it! Honestly, I can't imagine what more their $200+ rests can do over this model. Like I said, I got it for $30, but it's well worth the $60 that it's listed for.

Personally I'd let it slide some.

You'll put a lot of stress into the wrist of the gun stock. JMO

I heard some horror stories of wooden stocks splitting when the sleds first came out. All that force has to go somewhere. Personally I would allow the rifle to move some with recoil.