Triticale

Anyone plant or have experience with triticale? The farmer that borders my property is putting in a field of triticale. I don't know anything about it. I've noticed it listed as a seed in a lot of foodplot mixes. After doing some research, I read that it's a hybrid between wheat and rye. Read some foodplotters say that the deer keeps his triticale plot mowed down like a golf course, then I read others say that they prefer wheat or rye. 

Been busting my hump getting my measley 1 1/4 acre plot ready to plant my WW, WR, and Oats, as that's about all we don't have in the area. NOW the farmer decides to finally do something with the field and plant a grain!! 

Noticed that the farmer that borders my property got his triticale planted yesterday. As I was driving by the field today, there were ~10 turkeys in the field! Don't know if they were scratching up his seed or if they were out there for the bugs, but they sure were going at it!!  :biggrin: