The absolute last plot done..

I did the trail plot behind the house that runs the middle of the property...dang that was some black rich soil I disced up...added another bag of lime 18-10-15...and 0-20-20 to use up last of fertilizer...then laid down the oats ...WW...dragged smooth and over seeded with the rest of the clover...the soil was damp from last nights rains and it is cold here...something should come up....

I did the trail plot behind the house that runs the middle of the property...dang that was some black rich soil I disced up...added another bag of lime 18-10-15...and 0-20-20 to use up last of fertilizer...then laid down the oats ...WW...dragged smooth and over seeded with the rest of the clover...the soil was damp from last nights rains and it is cold here...something should come up....

I'll say this, you sure do put in the effort! 

Only thing is............you'll have ZERO excuses with all the potting done up so snazzy if you come up a deer or two short this year.  :O

(doubtful it'll happen though!)

Guess I am a little suprised you mixed clover with oats.

Oats are an excellent cover for clover.  Germinates quickly, chokes out weeds and allows the clover to take good root.  Once you cut it, your clover takes over and flourishes.  I covered a clover/chicory plot with oats last fall.  I will try to post a picture of it to show how it came out.

post-893-0-12617900-1378435966_thumb.jpg

• Like 1