Any Goose success Stories?

Live2Hunt

Just wondering how everyones season has been going. Any success?

The swamps are a desert. Absolutely nothing! There is a family of (4) bald eagles that ate everything, i guess. Same area last year was somewhat productive. Kind of worried of how the duck season will be with the predators there. Did some field hunting in Niagara county with some success.

Unfortunately with work and this crappy weather I've only been out 3 times. The first time out we managed 13 geese opening day. The second trip we hunted on the water,  saw nothing and heard only one. The last trip before these awful storms my buddy and I managed 9 which seems great, however only 2 flocks came in and once the shooting seized we were done. Haven't noticed many birds at all lately, hopefully with this cooler weather birds will start to move.

Yesterday was extremely slow as we changed things up and hunted on the pond (Niagara county area)instead of the field. Nothing flying to the field at all. We had only seven come in total (single,three,single,double) (we bagged 5) and very few birds seen flyng at a distance. Of course as I was out in the boat picking up decoys a flock of 4 were coming in until they seen me. (thats hunting,LOL)  At least we got something!