Lakeshore marshes Wayne Co.

TheTruth2

It does get some pressure. There's a small strip (hillside) of that place that holds turkey that's not advertised much, but the locals around it pound that portion.

I think that place holds potential...identify the areas you can and look for transition between marsh and other cover. You should find beds around there, or trails at that point leading into bedding on isolated islands (even a 3x5 footprint from a lone tree). If you can find any sort of mast source, like an oak, on an island...gold mine.

I hunted there probably ten evenings last season. Only saw maybe 3 other trucks the whole time. I saw at least 3 doe every night , strangely no bucks although i saw plenty of sign. I had a buddy  miss a big ten there a few years ago. I dont think it sees much pressure early October. I know what strip of hardwoods your talking about, ive never scouted it but it looks good from a distance lol

Strangely, one of the oddest things about that place is that everyone says they see a few does, but never bucks. You are only the second person to mention a buck encounter of any size. That boggles me...there has to be bucks in there. Just odd with the theme that there are does but no appreciable bucks. Me thinks there are some people that know what they are doing and have a nice little honey hole or two in there and the spot hasn't been blown up.

I think part of it has to do with the map on the DEC site is total garbage. Theres hidden spots back in there that people do not know of because the land is pretty segregated. I also think people shy away form it because its close to the lake . Oh well. It has been a decent little spot to cure the fever until Letchworth opens up....three weeks into the season...

So I hunted here the anyone ever hunt here? It's around 6000 acres mainly wetlands but I have hunted there a few times and saw a handful of doe. There's not really a good map of the land on the dec site.

Try the DEC State Land Interactive Mapper http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/45415.html or you can download the *.klm file from here http://www.dec.ny.gov/pubs/42978.html and overlay the boundaries on Google Earth.  Should provide a really clear "picture" of the land.  I use both all the time when heading to state land.