IT folks who hunt

irish_redneck

sounds very interesting. Hopefully your idea can be perfected and used in many other ways beyond hunting. Of course, your equipment, once installed, would just be stolen by trespassers.

thing is... if they steal it... there's a good chance that their pic would already have been uploaded to the server before they get the camera unplugged.

I was thinking about a cell based sd card that worked with a specific carrier but worked with any camera. Need a mobile chip small enough though. Then a script on the card to push the data to a website. As the user you have secure access to the website. I could charge a nominal fee for Web space and then you could buy prepaid data cards. Problem is I don't have the electrical engineering background for the actual build. The sd card sound be used for storage and enable whatever device is plugged into to have 3g or 4g connection. Would be awesome for other things also but I started this train of thought with trail cameras in mind.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by jesse.james

You can boost the output of solar panels using mirrors.  4 small mirrors mounted at an angle on all 4 sides of the panel will funnel more sunlight to the panel.

If you wanted to get fancy with it, you could build a small scale solar tracker to always have the solar panel pointed directly at the sun.  Theres some instructions online, but you'd have to alter things to work on a smaller scale I'd imagine, but it should give you some ideas.

• Like 1

You can boost the output of solar panels using mirrors.  4 small mirrors mounted at an angle on all 4 sides of the panel will funnel more sunlight to the panel.

If you wanted to get fancy with it, you could build a small scale solar tracker to always have the solar panel pointed directly at the sun.  Theres some instructions online, but you'd have to alter things to work on a smaller scale I'd imagine, but it should give you some ideas.

I don't recomend mirrors. Yes that trick will work but it will also increases panel heat which actually decreases efficiency, not to menton the constant work. A tracker makes more sence if you want to deal with the mirco-mechanics. A few years ago panels were pricy, still not super cheap but just over 1$ a watt and more efficient today. Imo it seems easier just to adjust for the angle of the sun now and then.

I use a hybid system at my off-grid camp. Refridgeration, ventalation, lights, power tools etc.