Went out this morning... In Rockland County

Beacon22

Been seeing plenty of deer on my camera the past 8 or 9 days from 5:30-7:30am pretty much religiously every day.  Went out this morning because the temps had dropped.  Got into the stand at 5:15am and sat until 9:00am (had to get my but to work) and I ended up seeing only a doe and a spike, not the usual 4-6 deer I have been seeing on the cam almost every morning for the last week? 

I'm setup on the inside of a corner where two 300' lengths of chain-link fences meet (good funnel).  Sign, rubs and giant scrapes all around, wind was running parallel (NNE) to the one fence side. I showered with the special shampoo, kept my boots outside, washed my clothes with the special detergent and dryer sheets and then hung them outside as well, spayed down 100% before approaching my stand, raked the leaves last week in a path leading up to my stand so as to not make any noise when I got in and out of the stand. Sat as still as a rock the whole time.

Gotta love this obsession!!

And will gladly do it again on Saturday.

So is there anything else I could be doing differently or any other scouting I should be doing right now for further information?

Is allowing a couple of days in between sits enough to let an area cool off?

Is it unwise to hunt this spot two days in a row like on a weekend?

If you are seeing activity on the cam at 0530 I would get in at least an hour to an hour in half before then.

That makes for a long sit in the dark. But if you're in there early enough they might hang around until the sun comes up. And really, that doesn't sound like a horrible morning sit. Better than seeing nothing. Be patient, they will come.