Ground hunters...i need advice!

TeeBugg

I thought alot about it last night and this morning. I sat in the same spot last year and never got busted once. Even had thr biggest buck ive ever seen come in following a doe. But he had her on his mind and couldnt get him to stop for anything. My thoughts are whats already been stated, i need to break myself up more. Some stuff in front of me as well as behind me. Last season i had all sorts of sticks and brush leaning on the tree i sit in. As well as in front of me. It wasnt much but apparently it was just enough. Gonna go down around noon or so and do some manicuring. Then possibly hunt around 4. They have been moving thru here everyday wether i got busted or not so....only time will tell!

You need a leafy suit. They are must-haves for October imo.

Wish i had one. Always wanted one for turkey hunting.

Two suggestions: Forget the face mask...camo your face, particularly around your eyes, with a burnt cork. Place two turkey decoys well off to the side of your tree seat.

I may try the turkey decoys. At this point im willing to try anything to get another shot in this spot. Its become person lol

I hunted a different stand tonite. As im in the stand i think to myself i should be on the ground in my spot. Thought better of it and stayed put. As im walking out i have to walk by where i normally sit...and wouldnt you know it, those two does are in there near the apple trees blowing at me lol. Its time to let the air out of one!