Next Friday !

Nomad

My friend since kindergarten ,that's like 49 years comes back for a wedding and bow hunt. He's a traditional archer and a friend of the St. Charles family. He owns Glen St.Charles work bench and hand tools that he used to make bows. For those who don't know who Glen was, he founded the Pope and Young club amoung other noteworthy things. The first P&Y museum was at Glens archery shop,North West Archery, I had the pleasure of visiting it years ago.

http://www.gfredasbell.com/gfa_glenn_st_charles.php

I have hunted,canoed,backpacked across The U.S and Canada with him from the ADK to the Yukon. This time the adventure is a bow hunt in Canandaigua !

Last time he came back he got an 8pt, but now I'm under the farms AR rules. So this 4 day hunt will be a challenge for a buck. Just hope it stays dry .....

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

Good luck, it sounds great regardless of a kill.  You are lucky to have a special friend like that, not all do. 

Yesterday I tooled around Western NY with a 39 year friend that moved to Colorado 28 years ago.  We have stayed close and hunted together numerous times over the years. He flew into Buffalo with his wife and MIL to do some visiting and leaf peeping.  We had a blast...............................

We'll need pics for sure!! 

Oh it's going to be a fun tiring few days! Get home at 8 at night then other friends will meet us the beers will be opened ,and the alarm will still go off at 4 30.

He'll make fun of my bow with " training wheels" .....

Glad you got to see your buddy.

Edited by Larry302