Anyone try the Nikon Inline XR scope yet?

Jeremy_K

I'm trying to find out if anyone has tried one of these scopes out yet. They have the BDC reticle which can be used to compensate for ML bullet drop. I've been considering trying it out on my TC Encore muzzleloader. I have a Burris Fullfield 3-9x on there now which is nice and clear but I'd prefer to use a drop compensating reticle. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1320120085/nikon-inline-xr-muzzleloader-scope-3-9x-40mm-bdc-300-reticle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The BDC style scopes are great if you are shooting out beyond 100 yards. I have the Leupold Ultimate Slam 2-7 x 33, which has a SABR reticle, on my muzzleloaders and 3 years ago I decided to bring one along on an antelope hunt in Wyoming. I was able to take an animal out beyond 250 yards. I never would have even attempted that shot without the SABR reticle. If you do get one make sure you spend the time at the range getting it dialed in properly. I also found that using the maximum powder loads gave me far better results down range.