Storm King State Park Hunting

wooffer

I have hunted here before, you can only hunt on the west side of 9w.... It is rough terrain very rough.... I saw 2 deer in an entire season of hunting here.... The good thing is I did not see alot of hunters..... Maybe you should look into West Point Stewart or sterling instead

went there once.  Heard a couple shots further up the mountain from where I was.  Saw no deer but a couple tracks crossing a stream.

Left after the fourth or fifth car load of hikers started up the mountain around 10:30.  Two with their dogs off-leash - not wanting to  chance shooting someone's yellow lab belonging to an irresponsible owner.  Mandatory 6' leash law there.

• Like 1

I hunt there a few times.  Steep mountain climb going in from where parking is available.  Didn't see anything at all.  Had two hikers walk through in the middle of gun season with no orange on at all.  Haven't gone back since.  This was like 2 years ago.