Spitfire Maxx Broadheads

rotorooter23

Not a lot of people really talk much about these broadheads, but I have been using them for a few years now and had exceptional success with these. Most deer I have shot leave a great blood trail and the entrance and exit holes are devestating! I have thought about going to rage, because of all the hype. Honestly these seem comparable to Rage.

Does anyone else use these?

I used them only twice and never again... I had beyond horrible penetration. Who knows though, could have been my bow set up. They did always expand and were like a fricken battle axe hitting the deer

I'm gonna guess it wasnt your bow just the way these broadheads are.

Two ways to look at it I guess:

1.) No passthrough = less penetration...

or

2.) The arrow and broadhead is thrashing and cutting up more as it still hangs in there while the deer runs.

Gotta hit that "boiler room" guys...! No question about it. I went from rages to split fires. Think the diff. Is that the splitfire have a hard stop in the back that may cause more hangups. The rage are on those rubber o-rings that allow for some flexability on pass through. Maybe?

Look at the Ulmer edge broad heads.They are flat out awesome!! Been using them 2 years and they make a serious hole in a deer,out of 4 deer I have shot with them all but one was pass through and that one I hit the back side shoulder and it still punched through the shoulder blade almost a inch.She died within 40 yards.