Time for a break

CuseHunter

So today I decided I was going to shoot whatever came within 30 yards because I was sick of passing up deer and I wanted meat in the freezer. I was hoping for a doe, but got a 5 pointer to come in to 20 yards.

Pulled back, then decided to not shoot, so I put my finger back behind the trigger of the release. Just then accidentally tapped the trigger (I have a spot Hogg wiseguy release) which has a seriously light trigger. Either way I wasn't even near on the deer so I obviously missed.

Then I said screw it and nocked another one and held my 20 yard pin right center chest behind the shoulder. Let it fly. The arrow missed, and missed bad. Just hit hair, as I watched it walk around me for the next 20 minutes as if nothing happened.

Earlier I had broadhead accuracy problems and thought I fixed it. Obviously not so it is time to take a week off and shoot shoot shoot. All from elevated angles. Back to the drawing board for me.

some times second guessing a plan you implemented within yourself and going back on it can play a mental game. especially when you prematurely released your arrow, knocked another and said screw it, im taking him. its mental... 

sometimes when you advise a plan, stick with it. that arrow release could have messed ya mentally. this sport is extremely mental...

i would shoot with the b-head at home or on the range to make sure it really wasnt your gear to be on the safe side. 

some times second guessing a plan you implemented within yourself and going back on it can play a mental game. especially when you prematurely released your arrow, knocked another and said screw it, im taking him. its mental...

sometimes when you advise a plan, stick with it. that arrow release could have messed ya mentally. this sport is extremely mental...

i would shoot with the b-head at home or on the range to make sure it really wasnt your gear to be on the safe side.

Yeah I definitely wasn't 100% thinking about form and everything at the time. I will still be taking some time to practice though, I just am not confident anymore and need some tight groups in realistic hunting scenarios to get back my desire to hit the woods.

dont push hard for tight groups, sling 3 arrows at a time. take a breather, make it fun and dont beat yourself up. concentrate on form and anchoring. sling arrows at a close distance 10-15 yards, build up your confidence pretty quick then step back slowly while taking your time. dont over exert yourself all in one day, shoot a few times a week if you can and make your sessions last no longer then 15 minutes or so. dont shoot for hours, you'll be miserable and frustrated. 

ive been there before with my confidence level and it doesnt take much to take the wind out your sails... best thing is practice the basics and dont over exert, have fun with it, enjoy it again.

dont push hard for tight groups, sling 3 arrows at a time. take a breather, make it fun and dont beat yourself up. concentrate on form and anchoring. sling arrows at a close distance 10-15 yards, build up your confidence pretty quick then step back slowly while taking your time. dont over exert yourself all in one day, shoot a few times a week if you can and make your sessions last no longer then 15 minutes or so. dont shoot for hours, you'll be miserable and frustrated.

ive been there before with my confidence level and it doesnt take much to take the wind out your sails... best thing is practice the basics and dont over exert, have fun with it, enjoy it again.

Well my problem has been that all off season, I could sling my field points out to 40 yards and keep a nice group. With my broadheads I have 0 confidence and I honestly have shot 0 times from an elevated position :X

Try and take a break when the conditions permit, not when you feel you need one. You don't want to be missing out on these colder temps we have this week, take a break if it warms up.

I got a chance to shoot for a bit today, My sight was shooting somehow way to the left (6 inches) at 20 yards and have it all fixed now. Planning on going out tomorrow if I can