anybody else checking there zero

Friday the day before southern zone gun season I hurried home before dark, after work.  grabbed my Browning 30-06 and some supplies.  drove right next door to the club's outdoor rifle range.  then in 5 minutes I ran to post a shoot-n-see target up at 100 yards, sighted my rifle in with 3 rounds, and then used one round to ring to 300 yard steel gong for verification.  quickest I've ever sighted in a rifle.  new bullets of a different weight too.  I wasn't just checking my zero.

Friday the day before southern zone gun season I hurried home before dark, after work. grabbed my Browning 30-06 and some supplies. drove right next door to the club's outdoor rifle range. then in 5 minutes I ran to post a shoot-n-see target up at 100 yards, sighted my rifle in with 3 rounds, and then used one round to ring to 300 yard steel gong for verification. quickest I've ever sighted in a rifle. new bullets of a different weight too. I wasn't just checking my zero.

Decided my air gun was using too much air, so I retuned it to a lower energy and adjusted my 50 yard zero. Took a bit longer than your experience as I also needed to use the chronograph and shoot several strings and record each speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old reliable Savage 210F slug gun with Simmons Aetec scope is about as dead nut accurate as you can get. It's fallen over a couple times in the house, I even slipped on a rock wall two years ago and landed virtually directly on the scope. In fact it bent the sunshade! Yet that Simmons scope never loses zero. I bought a brand new Remington Model 700 Sendero SFII in 300 Win Mag. about a month ago and don't even have rings or bases for it yet! LOL! Probably going to invest in a PRICEY scope for that one.

Decided my air gun was using too much air, so I retuned it to a lower energy and adjusted my 50 yard zero. Took a bit longer than your experience as I also needed to use the chronograph and shoot several strings and record each speed.

I watched a guy on TV drop a buck in it's tracks with a pellet gun.  it was a big thing called a Rogue 357 I think.  Crazy the pellet guns they've got these days.

I watched a guy on TV drop a buck in it's tracks with a pellet gun. it was a big thing called a Rogue 357 I think. Crazy the pellet guns they've got these days.

Crosman's flagship, Benjamin Rogue .357. Electronically powered, and very beefy. It doesn't quite have the accuracy my Benjamin Marauder has, but it makes up for in power. Operating pressure is 3000psi. These aren't your Red Ryder pellet guns.

Took 2 squirrels today. A little windy, so took chest shots at 64 and 37 yards, freehand.