Regulation question

chiefbkt

I helped My buddy buy a bow early this year in hopes he could bowhunt with it this fall. With his work schedule he was never able to take the bow hunter ed course and therefore was unable to this year. On Friday he asked me if he could use his bow during regular firearms season and I said yes. He normally borrows a gun from me to hunt as he had to sell his off a couple years back due to financial reasons. So he says well I don't to borrow a gun from you then. I looked at him puzzled and said why not? He answered cause I'll just use my bow. I continued to tell him I don't he can because regardless of season he still needed his bow certification to hunt with it. So the question is: If you don't have your bow certification can you hunt with your bow during reg firearms season? After thinking more about it I could be wrong. What do y'all think?

he would have needed to have taken the course to be able to hunt with a bow during the regular season.......

Question: Is it legal to use a bow or muzzleloader during the regular northern zone "rifle" season or southern zone "shotgun" season?
Answer:
 You may use a bow or muzzleloader during the regular big game season. However, if using a bow, you must have completed the bowhunter training course and carry with you during the hunt either a valid bow stamp or the bowhunter training course certificate.

• Like 1