Goose call help

Mike199

• 2 weeks later...

just remember every call is different, but your hands are the most important part, I can't call with gloves on has to be bare handed to get the right tone

second you can't buy cheap calls and expect to get the sound you want, I tried that with poor results,  Fowl Obsession, and Zink are all that's on my lanyard now and it makes a big difference

and the most important part, you don't have to sound like a pro, at first I was pretty bad, and still killed geese,

• 3 weeks later...

Go to YouTube and search field proven calls. There are about twenty videos about calling. That's how I learned. And with practice practice practice in three days I was making sounds,in a month I was honking clucking and moaning. Now I sound awesome and my guide last Friday said I was freak in good. I was calling geese in with him and bagged my first calling on my own. Great feeling. However........PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

Don't spend ridiculous money on a call. Get a polycarbonate call from a reputable call maker. Like Field proven, zink, ect. I picked up a handmade wood call on ebay and it sounds awesome. Good luck and PRACTICE.