MORNING OR NIGHT WATCH

nycoyotehounds..BUB

You guys that run trail cams automatically have a printed record of when the deer are moving in your area. No need to guess or theorize or try to remember the past..... just check your data. I have been amazed at just how regularly deer are showing up in legal hunting hours. And my records show that the split between mornings and afternoons is pretty much equal. Also, I do not have very many pictures that are taken between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Of course as rut comes into play, that may change.

I've done about 50/50 Mornings/Afternoons this season, and I've seen about 33% more deer in the morning...I have jumped some deer one morning on the way into my one hang on, but I got a nice little doe two mornings later at that stand so it didn't seem to matter.

I did not see a lot of deer last week at all, I am hoping the moon and weather cooperate a bit here in the next couple days.

I change as the season changes. Bow Opener SZ 10/15 til 30th I tend to hunt edges and near plot access points in the evening with great success. Once things start to heat up I have better success on morning sits in the deep hardwoods, especially calm frosty mornings.

That being said, if I have a chance to hunt, I am hunting no matter AM or PM.

Once I see chasing, I try to sit all day, but ussually take a 2 hour break from noon til 2.

Edited by WesternNY