early bow in northern zone?

critter

One of the proposals with the change in the license structure and prices was to have the license year run from September 1 to August 31 vs October 1 to September 30 as it has been.  One of the reasons is because you need last years tag for early bear and archery in the NZ.  So I don't believe the start date would change, you just wouldn't be able to fill last years tag the last 4 days of Sept. like previously.  I haven't heard much on this recently though.  Maybe someone will jump in that knows more.     

That is the plan and to switch the 4 days to that years tags. You will still be able to hunt those days with new tags. Just 4 days earlier. Plus fishing licenses will be valid for one year from date of purchase

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

It will not lengthen. They will move it to 10/1 across the state according to dec. People arr complaining now the seasons are too long

Gun season in the Southern Zone is definitely too long! Probably half the reason everyone is on here saying they had a crappy year. I don't know how any deer survive the month long gun season!

• Like 2

It will not lengthen. They will move it to 10/1 across the state according to dec. People arr complaining now the seasons are too long

I don't hear anyone complaining that the bow season is to long in the northern zone.  We generally get about 3 weeks and we share one of those weeks with the muzzleloaders. 

Edited by d-bone20917