Survival training

CuseHunter

This is a pretty far out there question...

I don't know if there is any type of club or organization in NY that are "survival experts" but it's something that interests me.

Do any of you know of a place I can go to do this?

I've contacted a local military recruiter to talk about going active duty for the special forces in the air force (I'm currently in the Army reserves) unfortunately my eyesight isn't near 20/20 and I'd have to pay for eye surgery to get it fixed so I could join SF.

Any assistance would be helpful.

You want some survival skills? After recently doing some work down in the Emmet St area of Schenectady, I'd say your best bet would be to have a buddy drop you off down there on a Friday Night. If you make it home the SF should be a breeze for you! Just messing man, best of luck on your endeavors.

I taught Outdoor Survival Skills as a credit-bearing college course for many years.  Two books we liked:  SURVIVAL IN THE OUTDOORS by Byron Dalrymple   and   SURVIVAL WITH STYLE by Bradford Angier.  If you can't find them elsewhere, give    alibris.com   a try.