Looking for biometric or push keypad locks for my shotguns

Deerthug

I have been looking to get either a biometric lock or a clamshell type push keypad lock for my two shotguns for easy access for home defense. Right now I have cable trigger locks on both and I'm always worried about losing the keys and fumbling to unlock it in the middle of the night during an emergency.  I've scoured the internet and I've found some homemade DIY type biometric battery operated locks but they do not seem too secure. I've also seen ones made from converted police vehicle mounts. I don't want to spend too much on the locks but I want something secure and one that gives me ease of access in case of emergency.

If anyone has any experience with something like this please PM me.  

Thanks. 

I know this isnt what you are looking for, but my wife and I came up with a much cheaper solution.

We have the key to our home defense shotgun on a keychain with one of those small keychain LED lights.  This key is hidden but reachable at night near our bed, and pocketed during the day.

Fehyd643 I thought about doing that but the only problem is I have two SG in different locations in my house. So I would have to hide two different keychains in different locations and then pocket them during the day. It still does not solve the problem of fumbling at night even with a small LED light.  I would rather have the ability to press only a couple of buttons or stick my thumb on a biometric lock and have it pop open without having to worry about losing keys. 

Edited by Deerthug

Gotcha.  My house is small enough that I just need one in my bedroom. You are in a totally different scenario!  lol.  Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Joshua

Fehyd643 I thought about doing that but the only problem is I have two SG in different locations in my house. So I would have to hide two different keychains in different locations and then pocket them during the day. It still does not solve the problem of fumbling at night even with a small LED light.  I would rather have the ability to press only a couple of buttons or stick my thumb on a biometric lock and have it pop open without having to worry about losing keys. 

• 2 weeks later...