Anyone plant turnips?

I'm prepping my plot and am most likely going to plant turnips and over seed with clover. Anyone ever plant turnips? I never have but I'm hoping to use the plot as a late season attractant for bow hunting. I'm going to start with about 1/2-1 acre and see how it goes. May plant something else on the other side but not sure what yet.

• Like 1

I just got some turnips (purple top) in the ground today. i have found them to be a good attractant in early bow after the 1st frost (about 3-5 days after). and then they are hit hard dec-march. i took 2 years for the deer to find out what they were... i have had no argiculture around me for years and it was dissapointing the 1st year. but the deer came back with a vengance the 2nd year. I plant them early as i never seem to get enough rain after early july( the bulbs just get bigger is all(softball size) especially  wanted to get them in early as this year looking to be a strong el-nino (makes a dry hot auttumn in my area)..  I have mixed them with clover most years i plant. winter rye or wheat would be a good split field as it would give you some good turkey hunting in spring as well.

Edited by G-Man