Looking for 60 yard range nyc area

DirtyDan

Would I take a 70 yard shot at a deer? Probably not, I don't shoot that far with my broadheads ... But I was in the woods last weekend in the Catskills for early bear, and I created a scent pile with some logs across a meadow and it was a 45 yard shot. Would I take that? Hell yes, closer than that to a bear on the ground feels pretty face to face.

I think I'd rather have an unwounded bear 15 yards from me, than having to follow up on a wounded one at any distance.  Most especially with only a bow in hand.

@steve863 I agree. I think it's about each individual finding where they can shoot reliably. Some cool guys at the range yesterday, one was taking accurate shots at 80 yards with broadheads. He clearly knew what he was doing. His suggestion was while hunting, consider your max range to be 1/2 of what you can shoot at the range reliably. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Suffolk archers in Huntington is 22 acre bow only facility with a beautiful club house, practice range to 30 yards and a field range where you can shoot to 80 yards at paper targets. they also have 3-D and paper course that is at least  30 targets strong. It is a membership only club but dues are very reasonable. check out the webpage   Suffolk archers.

Why are people jumping down this guys throat for asking about shooting at 60 yards? I don't shoot that far hunting. Most of my deer have been within 8-12 yards but I spend must of my time practicing far away (30-40) because its more challenging and makes a 10 or 20 yard shot seem a lot easier. I have shot as far back as 80 yards for no other purpose than it being fun and challenging even though I would never shoot a deer or anything that far. Should I stop shooting my rifle at 400 yards because I never shoot that far?