Stew meat

the blur

First off, not knowing from what part of the deer or even if it was your deer's meat. I would suggest two options, pan seared quickly and slow cooked in a crock pot for 6-8 hrs or can it. (meaning canning process, not garbage can)

Over cooking venison is one the worst things one can do, the more you cook it the tougher it will get (conventional stove top method that is) as far as the gamey taste, not much you can do but cover it up with some other flavoring........................................the gamey taste could be from a number of things that caused the meat to taste like it does.

Yet another reason to process your own deer...........................you know what's in the package.

FDXX75

Absolutely !

Not exactly understanding what you mean by overcooking,but crock pot 8 hr or 3hr canning could be construed as over cooking. Both methods are excellent ways to cook any meat actually.

I have make many venison stews all in crock pots and the meat melts in your mouth. Weather I slow cook it for 8 hrs or 10 hrs the result is the same. I don't believe you can over cook in the crock pot.

Dave

First off, not knowing from what part of the deer or even if it was your deer's meat. I would suggest two options, pan seared quickly and slow cooked in a crock pot for 6-8 hrs or can it. (meaning canning process, not garbage can)

Over cooking venison is one the worst things one can do, the more you cook it the tougher it will get (conventional stove top method that is) as far as the gamey taste, not much you can do but cover it up with some other flavoring........................................the gamey taste could be from a number of things that caused the meat to taste like it does.

Yet another reason to process your own deer...........................you know what's in the package.

FDXX75

Absolutely !

Not exactly understanding what you mean by overcooking,but crock pot 8 hr or 3hr canning could be construed as over cooking. Both methods are excellent ways to cook any meat actually.

If you throw a piece of meat in a frying pan, cooked it until it is well done, OVER COOKED. It is impossible to over cook something in a crock pot unless you cook it completely dry for several days maybe....................................

FDXX75