busted my stand

fisher2

well i got busted on draw day before but it didnt see me as a person so i set a stand and hunted it, and then during prime hour my dad shows up and yells to me in stand that it was time to go and naturally i didnt see any deer, how long should i let the spot sit before trying again?

Seeing this type of question come up a few times past few days. Answer depends upon the spot and wHy/how you got busted. Do you feel many deer are using it? Do you have the right wind for it? Was it a fluke that the deer approached from an unexpected location? Was the wind seemingly in your favor but maybe was swirling or eddying? Without considering these types of things its tough to make a recommendation.

I was very surprised to see so many deer apprach my stand from the bedding area on opening morning. It was opposite of what I expected. Few got spooky but never freaked out to bad. I think the feed bag with acorns has deer coming and going at any and all times of the day right now.

the deer are doing exactly what i expected, the first busted on draw was simply just me not waiting for all deer to be looking away (i missed a doe in the high grass that spotted me) then dad coming it the next day i think the spot may be burned