Fast Eddie's Fables 2023

fasteddie

I went to Geneseo to give it another try . I sat in what my son calls the tunnel stand . There is an 8 foot wide cut we made through the middle of the thickets that looks like a tunnel . It's about 150 yards long . I was in the stand by 12:30 . My oldest son got out of work early and arrived around 2 pm and sat in a stand about 1/2 mile away . I had the wind in my face and the sun in my eyes for a while and didn't see anything . Around 4:15 Matt walked down through the field and into the west side of the woods . He kicked a small doe my way but she was to quick and ran through some thick crap . On our way up the Laneway in the dark , we had a couple fawns running ahead of us . My youngest son said he would go with me Saturday if I wanted to go out . It looks like rain a good part of the day so I think I will pass unless the weather has a big change .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went out yesterday at zero dark thirty with my oldest son and grandson . I was in a double stand at the Northwest part of the woods by 6:15 . Sat back and relaxed . It was overcast most of the morning . Wasn't seeing anything . It was real quiet . Matt said he was getting down at 11 and would walk back on the opposite side of the woods to see if he could kick anything my way . A few minutes later I saw two bucks and a doe in the woods between our stands and North of us . I was waiting for one of them to get in an open spot when all of a sudden they took off . Apparently they spotted or heard Matt getting up in a stand on the horse trail . They hauled butt through the middle of the woods and disappeared into the thickets . So , I failed to get a shot during gun season . Bummer !

• Like 3