Fun day closest to a deer ever with bow

vince1230

Fun day but a comedy of errors. I decided to hunt our pasture today since we seen three does this afternoon in the neighbors field. I set up in some tall grass on the edge of our property facing where we last saw deer going. I kept hearing rumbling like something stomach but thought it was one of our horse so I texted my wife to see if the horse were down by me so I would not move to look. As I turned my head all I saw was a flash of white. It was a does tail. She stay behind me sniffing and wearing to figure out what I was but I could not turn around or draw my bow. I stayed put for another half hour and she came back from other direct. She kept looking in my direction and got 15 yards from me in tall grass looking straight at me but all I could see was head but could not get shot. Just then my cellphone got a text message and vibrated. She walked off. I don't think she ever knew what I was so I will hunt again on Friday since I travel for work. Does anyone one think that spot was busted or will they be back? I should have listen to any earlier post about putting text on silent with no vibrate. Had a ball though it is my first year now hunting and third year hunting in general.

I would turn the phone off.  Yes I think the spot is now busted, at least by that one doe.  Now every time she comes to that spot she will check it.  If you can try to set up where she can't see you but you will still be able to see the area you where busted in.  Use the wind to your advantage so if she tries to get downwind you still have a shot.  Otherwise its just one doe, if she is with others the problem is they will be alert at the same time.  Your call.

Very very cool experience, hope this is the first of many you tell about.  Hunting is different for each person and every day can bring something new you never saw before!  Thanks for sharing! 

I used all my likes so, like and like to Vince1230 and Vince1. 

Depending on the area some will forget, depends on how often she goes their.  If she goes often and does not see you she can forget.  But the old ones remember.  Just like people, deer are each different.