sons first deer

woodsdweller

this is my son isaac (14 yrs old) and his first deer with the bow. isaac decided to grab is bow and head out by the house after school. he had been playing soccer all fall and not much hunting time, he had loged a few hrs. in his stand but no deer sightings despite all the sign and fallen accorns he was hunting above. it was raining lightly and he was doing it the hard way, on the ground still hunting. he paused a moment on a ridge top to look at a rub on a tree and snaped to attention after hearing something. looking to his left he could not believe his eyes a buck was walking right at him on a trail that would offer a very close shot. well with all the excitment of trying to knock an arrow he forgot to pick a spot and missed the buck at 10 yards. the buck took off as isaacs meat seeker slammed into a tree above the bucks vitals. isaac watched the buck run up hill then slow to a walk about 70 yrds above him. he decided to take up after the buck in hope of closing the gap for another shot, well for the next 1.5 hrs and 500 yards latter he was slowley stalking the buck and closing the distance on the browsing buck. he relized the buck was heading back down on the same little ridge he had been on while the buck was just above him all this time. he quickly sprinted ahead as the buck went in a dip to close the distance and got ready for another shot. the buck slowley started down the hill and busted him as he drew and started back up the hill, "all i can remember dad, is thinking pick a spot ,pick a spot as i bleated with my mouth and he stoped at 40 yards and i consentrated on the pin and behind the sholder as the release went off and the arrow found its mark. he took 3 leaps and fell over backwards rolling down the hill." well lets say the excitement in my sons eyes as he bust thru the door "Dad i got a buck,i got a buck" was enough to last the whole deer season.

001.jpg