Question about scrapes

stoneam2006

So I went out yesterday to a spot I had seen a few scrapes weekend before. I walked in same path I did last time and noticed no joke 22 fresh scrapes. Every spot where there was a branch over the path it was scraped up and the branch over head u could see was messed with. Broken and some bark missing of twigs fresh breaks and so on. Anyway the scrape I set up on last weekend when I got down I did my own senting on it and the deer really has been working that scrape hard now and has added multiple within shooting range of thay spot. My question is would it be likely these are all from same buck or multiple bucks or what? I've never seen this many in one area. O and from truck to stand is maybe 600 yards around side of hill. Thanks for Info.

I almost started my own topic on this the other day.

To put it simply, if you've never hunted over scrapes before, or have had limited success in the past with scrape hunting tactics.... this is definitely going to be the week to try it.

I've been watching a scrape line grow in length, and with unique visitor frequency the last few days. Random aggression scrapes are also popping up all over lately which I don't pay much attention to, but if you've got a line that's getting opened up now, you can expect to see any number of bucks pay it a visit at any time of the day. Find a strategically placed stand down wind and with a little luck, you'll see some great action!

• Like 1

Well for sure you have a buck or bucks working that area right now. Is there a doe bedding area close by? If so try setting up as close to it as you can. Or between the scrape line and bedding area. As right now,they are actively searching for the first estrous does. Once the first does are ready the bucks could be anywhere on the property or farther out with the doe. So get on out there now every chance you get. Good luck!

Thanks and yea the doe bedding is straight up hill from the scrape I'm setting up on and around the hill a few hundred yards also but I'm set up in between where their bedding is and food is and scrape is right in between in. Thought that made sence I was shocked not to have seen any deer from that spot yet but it hasn't been the friendliest weather to hunt in. I'll be back out there tonight and hopefully every day the next week or so.