Checking Zero

airedale

Hit the range this morning to make sure two of my air rifles are shooting to the point of aim, also my Remington 597 22 mag was checked for zero.  A couple of new gadgets being tested this summer and so far I have been impressed with both.

First is the Garmin Xero chronograph, this this is as advertised and a game changer, no more screwing around shooting through sky screens or hooking up any wires. You just set beside you gun and concentrate on your shooting and the Garmin does the rest.

I also acquired a 12 volt air gun pump and the same can be said for it, fills your PCP guns easily, you can take it on the go with a battery or use it with a house plug adapter, either way it works like a charm and beats the hell out of a hand pump.

These modern air rifles are serious and shoot great, the left target is the Gamo swarm break barrel, the right was the Benjamin p rod at 30 yards. the woodchuck was at 100 for the 22 mag. Both the Swarm and P rod clocked at slightly over 600 fps with heavy lead pellets, the maggie was right where she was supposed to be at about 1950 fps.

Let the good times roll!

2024-07-22_143511.png

2024-07-22_143949.png

2024-07-22_150752.png

• Like 3