Interesting!

Ya know..Honesty here really has nothing to do with it. A person should have the choice to do as they see fit. If a guy wants to spend 10 grand on a hunt within a well run ranch, thats his business, not ours. The problem lays with the ones on the outside that are not involved.

Yes its all about the bone on the head inside just as it is for me and 99% of all hunters if they were being honest. I would bet the farm very few would turn down a free hunt on a 500 acre ranch with their choice of buck scoring 120 up to 200 inches killed by any legal means and i will also show you the 200 inch buck everyone would choose. Even though half of those hunter have never killed a 120in buck they would not be happy without the 200incher.

If people just minded to their own affairs and not those of others we would be in a lot better place. And as far as the birds goes, it really makes no diff. They will kill any other human raised animal without as much as a thought but you put a deer in there and it all changes. All animals are not created equal i guess. Or it just two faced hypocrites doing the thinking!

I will openly say if you extend such an offer , I will gladly come shoot a deer :)

Being the resident predatorphile, I need to point a couple of things. Pheasants are not native. They did not evolve in this part of the world. The stocked birds have no savvy whatsoever. Blaming predators for killing these "chickens" is like blaming the Johnstown flood on a leaky toilet in Altoona.

As far as canned hunts, I have some Dorset sheep I want to liquidate. They can be quite sporting in their pasture. No hunting license is needed. They are polled Dorsets so no headgear. Sorry.

I'll gladly come shoot these too.... Mmmm lamb chops.

I remember watching a canned hunt on TV the guy and his wife and 5 other people got in a lavish blind and within mins a 180" freak steps out.. the guide says wait that's not the one. Then a 220" super freak steps out.. ok that's him. End of hunt they take pictures holding their freakesh deer And promot the SCI for conservation effors.

I remember thinking how pethetic! Shooting a domesticated farm deer and calling it a trophy!

I'm with you though! I'm sick of the government taking away my american rights and freedoms!! I should be abel to kill as many bald eagles as I want with out them regulating! It's just not fair I mean they let me kill crows without limit. I just don't get it... Durrrr

I remember watching a canned hunt on TV the guy and his wife and 5 other people got in a lavish blind and within mins a 180" freak steps out.. the guide says wait that's not the one. Then a 220" super freak steps out.. ok that's him. End of hunt they take pictures holding their freakesh deer And promot the SCI for conservation effors.

I remember thinking how pethetic! Shooting a domesticated farm deer and calling it a trophy!

I'm with you though! I'm sick of the government taking away my american rights and freedoms!! I should be abel to kill as many bald eagles as I want with out them regulating! It's just not fair I mean they let me kill crows without limit. I just don't get it... Durrrr

You really think you should be free to take as many of an endangered species as you want? The whole idea of game regulations and conservation is to keep people from totally eliminating animals with their greedy "take as many as you like" attitudes. That mindset is why many animals are on the endangered species list at all... the rules are there for a reason... not to piss people off... but to preserve wildlife species... oh yeah and sometimes to save people from themselves.

All businesses are regulated, especially those that may impact public property - in this case wildlife. And state wildlife agencies have regulatory jurisdiction over most wildlife (under what the legislature hands them), not state agricultural agencies. Migratory wildlife and rare wildlife are managed by the US Fish and Wildlife Service, but they unfortunately, answer to federal lawmakers, as the state wildlife agencies (the DEC) answer to state lawmakers...  You also need to acquaint yourself with the North American Conservation Model, if you cant or wont connect the dots in the model, and figure out why this is relevant, I cant help you.

You are again (in another post as well) are trying to cast similarities between upland bird preserves and high fence ungulate operations. Next , someone else , perhaps anti hunters, will encourage this to transpire over to state bird stocking programs then to use of released birds for training hunting dogs. There are no similarities.

And FYI: NY state banned possession, breeding, raising, and release for hunting of mallard ducks three or four years ago. The reason for this is that an ecological link was identified that deemed this practice unwise. It was banned and without a major backlash by the hunters and preserve operators and without most of them second guessing the DEC and other wildlife professionals. I am sure there was some opposition, including by people other than hunters and preserve operators; but nothing like the war waged by the cervid industry, but you are probably proud of that war.

Although some people have tried to write pseudo science and link the release of upland game birds to ecological issues, the consensus among the wildlife science community is that it is not an issue, but rather something that on a social level promotes hunting, conservation, and generates revenue and public support for conservation, rather than consumes conservation revenue as often charged.

Mallard ducks are NOT upland birds. You cant even compare a waterfowl species with an upland species and YOU want to compare cervids to upland birds... If you want to establish similarities, here is one: the release or even captive breeding of mallard ducks and whitetail deer both impact wild free-ranging populations.....

Mike, I agree with your post for the most part. The part you read into my thoughts is that..I think birds and deer industries are the same..Thats where your wrong. The point i made of the two was the killing of hand reared,human raised living, breathing things. People have no problem killing one anywhere and calling it a good time but to kill the other and thats a massive sin.

Another part you dont understand is that once fence goes up they are now farmed cervids and ran by the Dept of Ag. Who does all the testings for Tb,CWD and i believe and bird disease even? Dept of Ag.

Why are farmers paid for their deer when they get hit by EHD on farms? Ag.... Why do i have to fill out a a form every year to the USDA as to the number of livestock i have? Ag  Why a deer farms a money spending, tax paying business? Ag...

Yes i am very happ with our war and have spent alot for its support.  When you have states that say..They want Elk brought in for stocking and they say they can use an anal swab to tell YOU they dont have CWD. But they tell ME my Elk and Deer have to be DEAD to be tested, Well thats your Div of Wildlife at work and that my friend is a crock of sh!t and is the very reason you see me fight toot and nail with anyone,anywhere on the deer farming matter.

The truth is that its all political and their is a threat to groups like QDMA and such for a change in hunting from years past and the DEC/DNR because we are pulling some many hunters and so much money out of their coffers that they cant stand it.

You know something can only be a success if there is support and as you can see by the success we have...We have support!