DEP Parking areas?

crfingnutz

post-2073-0-98192900-1430996537.jpgpost-2073-0-69361200-1430996548.jpg

There are two different signs, one allows pretty much all activities and the other has restrictions on permitted activities..they look very similar so make sure you read them. The second sign requires the access permit that is issued by NYC DEP, the first one does not...........as far as parking, anywhere you can safely do so is fine. They also have signs that restrict all access, but as long as you go on land with those two signs above, you're good to go.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/home/home.shtml

Edited by jjb4900

A conservation officer once told me that while the DEP might have no problem with people parking at certain places, the local police sometimes enforce the 5 foot rule.  If you park in some questionable area near a public road, make sure your vehicle is at least 5 feet away from the solid white line at the road's edge.  That 5 feet belongs to the local government and they have revenue to bring in.

Edited by Black Bellamy
  • Like 1

A conservation officer once told me that while the DEP might have no problem with people parking at certain places, the local police sometimes enforce the 5 foot rule.  If you park in some questionable area near a public road, make sure your vehicle is at least 5 feet away from the solid white line at the road's edge.  That 5 feet belongs to the local government and they have revenue to bring in.

I've never heard of a 5' rule, that's something new to me.........in most spots that would put you well into a ditch.

I've never heard of a 5' rule, that's something new to me.........in most spots that would put you well into a ditch.

Specifically I was talking to the Sterling Forest guy, asking him about parking spots.  He said we have all kinds of parking areas scattered about, but if you want to park somewhere else we don't have a problem with it.  Just make sure you're five feet off the white line because the Tuxedo police consider that Tuxedo property not Sterling Forest and there is a no parking ordinance along any of these roads and they like to give tickets.

So that's a specific situation there, not sure if common practice across the state.  Personally I always try to be as far away from the road as possible.

Edited by Black Bellamy

Specifically I was talking to the Sterling Forest guy, asking him about parking spots.  He said we have all kinds of parking areas scattered about, but if you want to park somewhere else we don't have a problem with it.  Just make sure you're five feet off the white line because the Tuxedo police consider that Tuxedo property not Sterling Forest and there is a no parking ordinance along any of these roads and they like to give tickets.

So that's a specific situation there, not sure if common practice across the state.  Personally I always try to be as far away from the road as possible.

I've heard about The Tuxedo Polce Dept., so that may very well be true.