First time using a stand

Core

My favorite thing about it is that I can put the whole stand on the tree and then unpack it and put the top on. You dont have to find a clear spot on the ground to unpack it. Same thing when its time to go. Im on my way up the tree in literally half the time it took me with the Lone Wolf and no bloody knuckles pulling those damned cam locks out and getting the knobs loosened

Neat trick. I don't think it's possible with the viper unfortunately.

I really think the less time jerking around fiddling with rubbish the better. I know a few minutes doesn't add up, but I'd rather walk 30 minutes to a spot and spend 5 minutes getting the stand ready than 10 min to a spot and 20 min getting it ready. The lone wolf climber folds tight, but then you need to manipulate it further before it goes on the tree. I really was tempted with the open shot and would have one if my time in the hang on minus a back rest wasn't so uncomfortable. Even the side arm rests on the open shot or any other climber would be nice, though, and help moving around the stand with something to push off/hang on to.

If you're on a hand climber and the bottom falls out how screwed are you? Even with the umbilical cord, I cannot imagine hanging on with your upper body while fumbling down below for the bottom half is enjoyable in the least. With a sit and climb you can still sit there with your weight completely taken by the top.

Edited by Core