In the market for a semi automatic rifle

Deerthug

Today I went to Campsite and saw the Marlin 336ss in stainless steel with a brushed steel barrel in 30-30. It is such a hot looking gun. But it was $800 without a scope. A bit steep for a lever action.

I decided to think about it and left. I went down the road to Dicks as I needed a few things. While I was there I went over to the fire arms section. They had the Marlin 336W in black but not in stainless steel. It's the same exact gun except for the steel. After holding it for a while it felt good in my hands.

They also had a Henry Golden Boy. So I looked at that one. It too is a hot looking gun but I could see myself in the gold plating on the action.

I went back and forth between the two and I finally decided on the Marlin in black chambered in 30-30 as I realized that the stainless or gold plating would not be practical while hunting and I would be afraid of scratching it up.

So here it is....

post-1257-14472924532833_thumb.jpg

post-1257-14472924781288_thumb.jpg

post-1257-14472924980333_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately it did not come with a scope which is ok for now since I'm going to be in a blind this season with my son with at most 50 yds of opening. I also love to shoot with iron sites on my muzzy so I will give this one a shot so to speak.

Bottom line cost was $485 including taxes and a sling which came with it. Maybe for my birthday I'll hit to my wife to get me a nice scope, perhaps a good Leupold optic. Until then I can't wait to shoot my new toy this weekend.

- Deerthug