US Attorney Bharara gets conviction for Silver. Is it over?

http://buffalochronicle.com/2015/12/01/emboldened-by-silver-conviction-bharara-to-indict-cuomo-jan-2nd/

"United States Attorney Preet Bharara feels emboldened, sources say, following the conviction of former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver — on all of seven corruption charges. Despite lacking a “smoking gun” to constitute an explicit quid pro quo, the jury handed Bharara a sweeping win. Such is the public’s appetite for corrupt politicians, observers say.

Three sources are confirming that Bharara intends to indict Governor Andrew Cuomo on January 2nd — along with a half dozen associates and former staffers — on public corruption, racketeering, conspiracy, and honest services fraud."

I don't even know what the 'Buffalo Chronicle' is, so it may be complete BS. I'd appreciate any info or insight on this.

I'm passing it along because just the thought that it might be factual made my day. :-]

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

An update:

Sheldon Silver was sentenced yesterday to 12 years in prison...and he'll lose a bunch of cash as well.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/sheldon-silver-sentenced-12/2016/05/03/id/727013/

I would hope this sends a pretty strong message to the upper echelons of power in NYS, and maybe even to the electorate that continually votes these kinds of criminals into office.

With respect to political corruption, we're an entire state that's been following the Chicago model. Detroit did that as well, and it obviously hasn't worked out well for them. I don't want to live in the State of New Detroit.

• Like 1

Preet Bharara will be running for president one day.  Just wanted to get this in here so I can point out what an awesome prophet I am ten years down the line.

I'll go on record as saying: "That will never happen."

That path didn't work for Rudy Giuliani, and it most certainly won't work for Bharara.